- Information that we collect on the platform:
- User-Provided Information: When you use the Platform, we may collect information about you or you may provide information about you, and we may link that information to other information about you. You may provide information to us on the Platform in a variety of ways. For example, you provide us with information when you register for an account (we collect your email address and date of birth and allow you to create a username and password), subscribe to our newsletters, use the Platform, make a purchase on the Platform, or send us customer service inquiries.
- Cookies and automatically collected information: When you use the Platform, we may send one or more cookies - small text files containing a series of alphanumeric characters - to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and can be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Platform. Please refer to your web browser's help file to learn how to change your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or do not accept cookies from the Platform, you may not be able to use the full features of the Platform. We may also use third party cookies on our Platform. For example, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. To learn more about how Google Analytics uses your data and what your options are, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Nostraverse does not process or respond to "do not track" signals from web browsers or other similar transmissions indicating a request to disable online tracking from users using our Platform. We may also automatically record certain information from your device using various types of technologies, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons". This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, the web browser and/or device type, the web pages or websites you visit immediately before or after using the Platform, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Platform, and the dates and times you visit, access or use the Platform. We may also use these technologies to collect information about your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is collected from all users and may be linked to other information about you.
- Information Disclosed While Using the Platform: While using the Platform, including participating in various "rooms" made available to users of the virtual reality component of our Platform, you may disclose information about you to us and to other users of the Platform. This may be the case when you engage in conversations, chats, or other user-to-user interactions. We may collect and use this information to the extent permitted by law.
- Payment Information: If you choose to access or use portions of the Platform that require payments or fees, we may require you to provide us with financial information to process those payments. We may share your payment information with third-party payment processors who process transactions on our behalf. We may also collect and retain information relating to the transactions you have made.
- Location Information: We may use your IP address to obtain general information about the physical location from which you connect to the Internet.
- Information from other sources: We may receive information from third parties and sources other than the Platform, such as analytics partners and advertisers.
- How we use the information we collect:
We use the information we collect on the Platform (in both individual and aggregated format) in a variety of ways to provide the Platform and operate our business, including the following:
- We use the information we collect on the Platform to operate, maintain, improve and provide the Platform, to provide services and information requested by you, to respond to comments and questions and to otherwise provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions offered from time to time on the Platform.
- We use the information we collect on the Platform to understand and analyze our users' usage trends and preferences, to improve the Platform, and to develop new products, services, features and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes, such as customer service or to send you communications, including required notices, marketing communications or updates on promotions and events relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties.
- We may also use information for other purposes, which we will expressly state at the time the information is collected.
- When we disclose information:
Except as described in this Policy, we do not share information about you that we collect on the Platform with third parties without your consent. We may share information with third parties if you give us your consent to do so and in the following circumstances:
- We work with third party providers who provide website, application development, hosting, payment, maintenance and other services to us. These third parties may have access to or process your data in the course of providing these services to us.
- We may disclose information about you if required to do so by law or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or search warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- We also reserve the right to disclose information about you that we believe in good faith is reasonable or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive or unlawful uses or activities, (iii) investigate and defend against claims or allegations by third parties, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Platform and any facilities or equipment used to provide the Platform; or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, without limitation, the enforcement of our agreements) or the rights, property or safety of others.
- Information about our users may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor or assign in connection with a merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as part of our business assets.
- We may provide certain aggregated or otherwise non-personally identifiable or de-identified information to third parties for various purposes, including (i) to comply with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to help these parties understand our users' interests, habits and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions and/or features available through the Platform.
- When we disclose information:
- Third party services:
The Platform may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party websites or services is provided directly to the operators of those services and is subject to those operators' privacy and security policies, if any, even if accessed through the Platform. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy and security practices and policies of any third party websites or services to which links or access are provided through the Platform. We encourage you to be aware of the privacy and security policies of third parties before providing any information to them.
- Data protection for children:
Our website is a general audience website and is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you become aware that your child or a child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
- Data security:
We employ certain physical, managerial and technical security measures to enhance the integrity and security of the information we collect and maintain. Please note that no security measures are perfect or unassailable. We cannot guarantee that information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered or destroyed as a result of a breach of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
- International Visitors:
The Platform is hosted in the United States. If you are using the Platform from the European Union or other regions of the world where data collection and use laws differ from UK laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data outside of those regions to the United Kingdom for storage and processing. In addition, we may transfer your data out of the UK to other countries or regions in connection with storing and processing data, fulfilling your requests and operating the Platform. By providing information, including personal data, on or to the Platform, you consent to such transfer, storage and processing.
- Amendments and updates to this Directive:
Please visit this page periodically to check for any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we change this Policy, we will make it available through the Platform and indicate the effective date. In the event that the changes materially alter your rights or obligations under this Policy, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up window or similar notification when you first access the Platform after such material changes have been made. Your continued use of the Platform after the revised Policy becomes effective means that you have read, understood, and agree to the current version of this Policy.
- How to contact us:
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, information we have collected or otherwise obtained about you, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by emailing us at email@example.com. Use of Personal Information: We collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the specific business and commercial purposes set out below:
Your California Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights.Right to Information and Access. You may make a verifiable request for information about the following:
Right to Erasure. Subject to certain exceptions, you may make a verifiable request that we delete personal information about you that we have collected. Verification. Requests to access or delete personal information are subject to our ability to reasonably verify your identity in light of the information requested and in accordance with relevant CCPA requirements, restrictions and regulations. We may attempt to verify your identity by asking you to log in to your password-protected account. If we are unable to verify your identity in this manner, we may ask you for additional information. Right to Equal Service and Prices. You have the right not to be discriminated against in the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights, subject to certain limitations. Shine the Light. We do not rent, sell, or share personal information with unaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes as required by California's Shine the Light law (Civil Code § 1798.83) unless we have your permission. Submitting Requests. To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Fleet Street 107-111 London EC4A2AB. Authorization of a Representative. To authorize an agent to file a notice or cancellation request on your behalf, please send us a written authorization signed by you and the agent through the Contact Information section. Do not pursue: There is no accepted standard for how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals. Contact Information: If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this notice or our processing activities, or wish to exercise your data protection rights, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at Fleet Street 107-111, London, EC4A2AB.